East West understands that each client have different interests and preference. Listed below are tour and package selections that will help you in planning your itinerary. These items are grouped according to the type of experience you have selected.
Morning walk and enjoy the serenity of the misty forest. Thereafter, short trek to Waterfall, then back to Pamatangan Hut. Trekto Nunuk Hut via suspension bridge/Ropuh/Mahandoi/Diou Trail. Thereafter,continue trek to Perahu Hut via Kurou Trail. Trek back to Nunuk Hut. Overnightat Nunuk Hut. (B/L/D)
Experience the most unforgettable journey to the Kiulu Valley - the Valley in the Mist. Learn about the people and their culture and immerse yourself in their traditional life activities. Surround yourself with the lush green paddy fields with charming farms, forests and undulating mountain ridges - a perfect and ideal retreat to soak in the ambience of natural grandeur.
Pick up from hotel and drive approximately 45 minutes to countryside with a short stop at Tamparuli Suspension Bridge and the nearby local market, passing the scenic view of the Kiulu Valley. Upon arrival at the Fig Tree in Kampung Mantob, you will be greeted with a warm welcome and briefed on the program of the day by our local guide. After enjoying your scrumptious traditional lunch, proceed for leisure village walk which would offer you stunning landscapes of the scenic valley as you pass through local school, lush paddy fields, hanging bridge before returning back to The Fig Tree. If time and weather permits, take a dip in the sensationally cooling Kiulu River.
Take a flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan.
Take a boat ride from Marina Jetty to Gaya Island.
Take a boat ride from Gaya Island to Marina jetty.
After breakfast, proceed for 2.8km guided trek into the rainforest with the chance for wildlife encounters and sightings. Don't forget your swimming attire for a dip at the 'Ali Baba Waterfall' at the end of the trail. Enjoy lunch back at the lodge. In the afternoon, enjoy river activities nearby on the Kawag River before returning to the lodge for dinner.
After breakfast, begin trekking through the rainforest for 7.5 km trail to Nepenthes Camp. Have simple refreshment at the camp while relaxing your muscles before we proceed for another 3 km trekking to Takob - Akob Falls and Giluk Falls (2.8km). Swimming and relaxing at the waterfall (subject to time and weather condition) before returning to Nepenthes Camp for overnight stay.
Start ascent at 3 am to reach the summit at 13,435 ft (4,095.2m) in time for the sunrise at 6 am. After photography, return to Park HQ for late high tea and at 1430hrs, transfer back to Kota Kinabalu.
Please bring along your passport, sun block lotion, personal toiletries, hat, good walking/trekking shoes, windbreaker, warm clothing, towel, torchlight, waterproof gloves, raincoat, water bottle, energy food and personal medical kit including headache tablet and Paracetamol for altitude sickness, lip gloss, insect repellent, extra socks, tissue papers and water proof bag for camera.
- Mountain Guide, who is registered under the jurisdiction of Sabah Parks Authority is compulsory for all mountain climbers. Majority of the mountain guide can only converse in basic English language. Licensed English Speaking Guide for mount climbing is available on request at a surcharge and subject to availability.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommended that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, diabetes, palpitation, arthritis, heart disease, severe anemia, peptic ulcers, epileptic fits, obesity (overweight), chronic asthma, muscular cramps, hepatitis (jaundice) or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
- Hot water in most lodges in the Kinabalu Park will require some time from the moment the switch is turned on to the time when hot water is available. There is a waiting time of about 30 minutes before hot water is available. Depending on the water usage, there could be a 15-minute interval for subsequent users. While at Laban Rata, hot water is available from 12pm to 3pm only and room heaters run from 8.30pm to 1am only.
This is a tour package that features the highlights of Borneo packed into 13 days of adventure and sightseeing with a mixture of the city, the waters and nature.
- Arrival and departure transfers
- All tour proposed in the itinerary
- Meals as specified
- Entrance fees
- All tours based on English speaking guide
- Other personal expense
- Other meals and beverage not mentioned at guest's own expense
- Camera fee and items not mentioned
* Rates are current and subject to change. Tour itinerary is subjected to change depending on weather and river condition.
This package brings you to tour and explore Sandakan, a city in the Malaysian state of Sabah, on the northeast coast of Borneo.
Explore Mulu Park and see the natural phenomenon of the Mulu Pinnacles. Trek up Mt Api to view the breathtaking pinnacles. Visit other famous nature attractions of Mulu like the Lang Cave, Deer Cave, Wing Cave and Clearwater Cave.
Spend 6 days exploring nature at Danum Rainforest. Get the opportunity to meet the friendly orang utans and the world's smallest bear at the sun bear conservation centre. Cruise down the Kinabatangan River, Kelenanap Ox-bow lake and Menanggol River in search of various wildlife birds and animals.
Trek through different walking trails and take a dip at the Ali Baba Waterfall.
This is a tour package that features the top five iconic wild animals in Sabah, Malaysian Borneo. This includes the famous long-nose Proboscis Monkeys, the mysterious Orang Utan, Crocodile, Hornbill and the Pygmy Elephant.
Spend 5 Days exploring the wonders of Borneo and Kinabalu Park, the home to many different types of exotic birds. Watch the birds in the poring hot springs, jungle trails and canopy walkway.
Explore Damun Valley and be surrounded my nature and serenity as you experience pristine ambiance of the rainforest. Visit a waterfall and trek through the Ancient rainforest rich in flora and fauna and search for Borneo's nocturnal animals.
Explore the Sukau Rainforest Lodge and discover wildlife like the Orang Utans at the Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, river cruise along the Kinabatang River Oxbow lake to look for wildlife and birds and stay at Borneo Rainforest Lodge. Trek to the waterfall for a refreshing dip and explore the nature trails.
Explore the award winning nature lodge, Borneo Rainforest Lodge and take the nature trail and luscious canopy walks in search of wildlife and birds